Saturday, July 2, 2011

TBHFTB

Too Busy Having Fun To Blog!!!!!

Yes, two blogs in one evening, and then I can attest that I am "caught up," at least before the holiday weekend festivities!

We have been so busy having fun, that there has been no time to blog, do laundry, clean house, etc. I can now understand how people backpack around the world with just a few personal belongings; enjoying life as it comes - forgetting the everyday stresses. Seems like that is what we have been doing since June 22, when the Summer light switch turned on here.

Luckily Derek got to enjoy a few days of this glorious weather before he headed off to NYC to enter the "real world." He is settled and seems to be enjoying life in the Big Apple. He is calling Greenwich (sp?) Village "home" and starts his career with Citi in Investment Banking (Energy Division) on Tuesday. We are so proud of him!

So this blog will just be a photo shoot of some of our wonderful summer adventures to date, since the weather turned to AMAZING:

GOLF @ JACKSON HOLE GOLF AND TENNIS CLUB
I could practice all day with these views!








HIKING PHILLIPS CANYON

Overlooking the Valley with the Snake River in the distance

Ashley @ the top of the canyon overlooking the Ski Resort

A VERY STARRY NIGHT IN JH - There are thousands of stars in the sky each night!
Oops - picture is upside down and I can't figure out how to change it on this blog.
Just stand on your head and you will get the idea!

Derek & I had so much fun capturing these pictures at midnight! It stays light out here until 10:00 pm!

MOUNTAIN BIKING
I must admit, that we are still skeptical as to how long this weather will last - so it has been "Play Hard and Enjoy" everyday! Ashley & I even convinced Barry to take off work early to join us mountain biking today!!!!
Our first mountain biking experience in JH. I must admit that I prefer the grueling uphill - at least I am in control (although sweating profusely and panting). The downhill scared the S%$*^ out of me, and I , of course, took a spill and have a battle scar on my knee to prove that the mountain conquered me - ugh! To think that the trail we did was moderate - Jackson Hole athletes kill me!

This is the only time during the ride I saw their faces - I was always 50-100 yards behind them!!!!

Ashley & Barry conquered a much more difficult trail, Putt Putt, after they deposited me safely at the trailhead!

Barry on Putt Putt Trail
 There have been many other hikes and outings; lots of wildlife sightings: bald eagles, red-tailed hawks, osprey, pelicans, snakes, blue herons. trumpeter swans, a huge variety of gorgeous birds, wildflowers galore, antelope, moose, elk, bison, and much more.
The Town Square is quickly filling with tourists and we find ourselves dodging rented RV's on a regular basis! We are looking forward to a fun-filled Fourth of July Weekend. There are plenty of activities planned from the Town Square Pancake Breakfast and Parade to the Teton County Music Festival and of course fireworks. We are forecast to reach temperatures in the mid to high 80's this weekend...hope we can handle the "heatwave!" Ashely is already concerned that she may die of heat stroke when going back to Texas in August for school (there is always Univ. of Wyoming if it gets too hot for her)!

Hope that you have a Safe and Happy Holiday Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment