Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Break in JH

Yesterday (April 6) when I was out walking Bella I was excited to see that about 40-50% of the snow had melted in the yards in our neighborhood. I was tempted to come home and snap a few pictures, but then thought better of it - who would really be interested in reading a blog about brown grass? But I'll tell you, when you haven't seen the grass since October, it is a sight to behold, regardless of the color!

Last night I was out to dinner with a group of friends and we were laughing as we watched the snow gently falling outside. Then when we left the restaurant, the sidewalks were snow covered. Surely I had drank too much wine I quipped!

When I awoke this morning (April 7), this is what greeted me as I opened the shades:
REALLY???? Surely I must be dreaming!

It's a Spring Wonderland!

Snow covered once again!
The school kids have been on Spring Break the past two weeks here. The few who have stuck around town (most are off to Hawaii and the likes)  have enjoyed everything from sunny 50 degree days to rainstorms and now more snow. The kids who were pedaling their bikes around the neighborhood yesterday were out in force today building snowmen!
Spring Snow allows for larger than life snowmen!
Needless to say, we are not going to let a little (it is about 8" of new snow now, and it is still pouring snow outside) dampen our enjoyment of Spring in Jackson Hole. My neighbor Sally and I decided to do a little playing in the snow ourselves. We figured that you have to have the right attitude to be able to handle a massive snow on April 7. It is all about perspective!
You are never too old to play in the snow!

Snow-women enjoying the "beach" in Jackson Hole!
My pedicure from yesterday will never see the light of day at this rate and the only way I am not going to be glow in the dark white when I go to Dallas next month is with a spray tan! But, the bright side is we should have great snow shoeing this weekend! The fun (and snow) never ends in Jackson Hole!

Please enjoy the spring temperatures and flowers for me!

Jackson Hole Interesting News:
This is the weather forecast for today (4/7) -
PERIODS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW WILL OCCUR TODAY ACROSS THE
WESTERN MOUNTAINS.  6 TO 12 INCHES OF NEW SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED THROUGH TONIGHT

1 comment:

  1. That looks like sooooooo much fun! At first I couldn't tell what you had made (in the far away picture). I thought you had made Easter Bunnies!
    Ha, then I saw the close up picture of your bathing beauties! So very cute! Is that your swimming suit? Cuz the bottoms are on backwards!!! :)

    ReplyDelete