Monday, October 4, 2010

TGIF - A Virtually Perfect Day!

The weekends in JH tend to keep us very busy, so I find myself on Monday mornings with plenty of laundry and blogging to do!


The weekend started out great with my "Virtual Happy Hour" on Friday afternoon with girlfriends from Kansas City. Thanks so much to all of you for including me, using today's technology of cell phones/camera phones, in your raucous time at Sunset Grille! I must admit that 8 of you laughing in the phone, making me try to "guess who this is game," and unclear jokes made me really miss you all terribly. For some reason returning from a run (that I couldn't complete - I am still blaming it on those darn gliding pads) and sitting out back looking at the Tetons while talking to all of you really made me feel far away from home and lonely.

My KC Girls (minus Anne who took the pic) and a few others who were too busy to join!!
Needless to say it worked out in my favor though; when Barry returned home from work, he must have realized that I was a bit down and he knew the only answer for salvaging the weekend....ballet!


Yes, Barry came through with flying colors on this one. We stopped by the box office about an hour before the show to see if there were tickets. I, of course, was thinking there would be plenty - how could this small town support a ballet. I think that Barry was secretly hoping that  it was sold out. Well, much to both of our surprise, it was sold out with the exception of box seats....JACKPOT! Yes, not only did I get to go to the Ballet Jazz Montreal, but I got to go in style - box seats! I don't think I ever got Barry to the Ballet in KC, with the exception of when Ashley was performing! It was a fabulous performance and even Barry would admit that he did enjoy it more than he thought he would (in fact he stayed awake the entire time). Not sure if that had anything to do with the risque choreography and minimal costumes, or just the fact that our seats were so close to the stage that the performers would be able to hear him snore.


I know that my female readers are saying, "yay for Michele - she got to go to the ballet." And the male readers are saying, "of course he took her to the ballet, he didn't have a choice - who knows who is reading the blog, Barry had to save face!"  Now, don't feel sorry for Barry and his cash outlay, he has been known to buy more expensive sporting event tickets; travel far and wide to a variety of sporting events; plan family vacations around the Gators (no complaints...New Orleans @ New Years to watch the Gators in the Sugar Bowl was a good time) and even make the kids' college visits based loosely on football schedules. A bit of culture sprinkled into his ESPN and sports world will do him good. AND as everyone knows a happy wife is a good wife!


Downtown JH was buzzing after the show, with most of the bars full of tourists still. The beautiful weather has really been good to the merchants and hotels in JH - they are usually quiet by this time of year. We enjoyed a fantastic dinner at one of our favorite restaurants that we are sure to take you to when you visit - Cafe Trio. Then it was off to get a good night sleep - the perfect weekend weather forecast meant only one thing - lots of hiking and outdoor fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment