Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Survived JHMR!

The vacation continues...we spent the weekend conquering the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (or at least conquering a good portion of the intermediate terrain)! One thing that I realized this weekend is that maybe I  feel like I am on vacation all the time because I tote my camera with me everywhere! Try it out at home - have strangers snap your picture for you a few times and you will find they will start saying things like "enjoy your vacation/visit!" I think that Barry is starting to get a bit annoyed/embarrassed with it all, but what other way do I have to share the beauty and fun with you.

 
What an amazing ski destination Jackson Hole has proven to be - and to think that we have this available to us from now until April - yahoo! All I can say is that if you ever even remotely considered skiing - you better get your buns out here and visit us during ski season! Even if you don't think you want to ski - there is plenty to enjoy in the winter months in the valley. Bottom line - take advantage of the fact that we live out here:)

 
This weekend provided lots of fresh new snow, warm temperatures, and a mountain that we shared with just a few locals - no lift lines or crowds...just pure enjoyment. Since we are still learning our way around the mountain we certainly looked like tourists - so here are some of our best tourist snapshots:


The Gondola

 

Ready to go on the first run!
Happy to be on the slopes!

 








 
The Village

On Saturday there was a live band playing
at the base of the Gondola - fun times!

Smiling with all the gear is difficult!

Ready to go - Day Two!

The view of the Valley is beautiful!


I thought that it would be funny to get my picture with this snow creature. We ended up having to ski through "The Stash," which is a trick skiing park with jumps, rails, etc. The hardcore snowboarders/skiers were thrilled to see me in there - ha!
  After two days of skiing I can admit a few things:
  • Ski fitness paid off - I felt better (physically)  than ever, after two days on the slopes
  • I am getting older - even though ski fitness paid off, I am beat!
  • I am glad that my Ski Pass is "Weekend Warrior," I need recuperation time
  • Skiing in a helmet may not be the most flattering, but it is warm and comfy...and safe! I must admit that my helmet is my favorite new ski accessory! Try it if you haven't before.
  • Being an empty nester is all but boring/sad - especially in JH! BUT, I can't wait to get the kids home for the holidays. Derek arrives on Tuesday already!
 While we have been busy skiing, Bella has been hanging out at home. She is not used to being left alone all day and is ready to play when we get home. All the snow tends to turn her ball into a snow ball - all the more fun as far as she is concerned!

 


















And last but not least, I will give you an update on the reason that we are actually able to be out here in the Wild West...Barry's job! The bank headquarters is well underway and construction is scheduled to be completed in February! Here are a few snapshots of the new building. It's off to work for Barry tomorrow - more skiing on the weekend!

Rocky Mountain Bank
Jackson Hole, WY
 




Have a fabulous week. Don't let holiday stress get to you...enjoy some chocolate instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment