Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Signs that we are in the wild, wild, West

Another beautiful day in Jackson Hole - started out a cool 25 degrees, but quickly warmed to 70 degrees by lunch time. So that meant dining al fresco at a great diner called Betty's Rock (referring to the Tetons, I guess). Good thing that we are staying active with our hikes, because I am loving the food here!

We received a call from our truck driver this morning and he claims that he will be here tomorrow (Wed) morning with our stuff - yahoo!! Actually, I am trying to remain cool, calm and collective - as I fear that many things could still go wrong: will it be our stuff; will it be in good condition; will the rain that is forecast really happen; will the "few things" that they could not fit on the truck be our clothes and our bed (or will I get lucky and find that they lost my prized dining room set)? So many questions...so little time left to worry about it.

So tonight we are packing up from our week long vacation home. I am doing laundry for the third time - same stuff...again! I have a whole new thought on packing though - less is really ok, as long as you don't plan on seeing anyone you know. Wearing the same thing every other day is a bit embarrassing!

I thought that I would include some interesting Jackson Hole culture for you this evening. Over the past few days I have come across some very unique signs that really let me know we are in the Wild West. Thought that I would share them with you - these are all real (te one with the snow is from a previous tip out here)...I don't have time to be looking up weird stuff on the Internet!   Enjoy~
View from the Gondola! Yeehaw!
You have to watch for cowboys & wildlife while driving! No texting out here!!
Town Square - Jackson Hole
Cross Walk Sign in town

The wildlife has the right of way...always!

Sign @ Snake River Brewing Company
A.K.A - STOP!

1 comment: