Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome (back) Home

Sorry that I did not blog while on our 10-day hiatus from Jackson Hole...thought about it, but then thought about spending more time with kids, spending more time at the swim up bar and spending more time relaxing! And, I knew that I would come home refreshed and once again enlightened and ready to keep on blogging.

Today is just really going to be a "we're home" entry...look for the following soon:
  • Welcome to the Fort
  • Blogging from a Different Level
  • We Don't Tailgate...We Boulevard
We spent the last 10 days away from Jackson Hole having a great time. Although I must admit that it was hard to pack to leave for 10 days after finally getting everything organized and livable here. Our first stop was to visit Ashley @ TCU for Family Weekend - we had a blast - more details later. Then it was off to Cabo San Lucas to celebrate our 25th Anniversary...hard to believe that we are already celebrating 25 - looking forward to celebrating forever together. Then it was back to the "Big D" to enjoy family weekend @ SMU with Derek. Again, pictures and stories from our adventures will follow in the next few days.

We arrived "home" to Jackson Hole last night to sunny skies and 80 degrees. Maybe it really doesn't snow here like they keep saying! The forecast for the next 10 days is sunny and highs in the 70's-80's, no joke. They say that it is very unseasonable, I say it is WONDERFUL! I think that God has this little respite of nice weather planned for me so that I will unpack from our vacation and stay here!  I told all of you that you should have planned a visit out here...the Inn still has availability.

I have spent the morning unpacking (something that I am quite familiar with at this point of my life) and doing laundry - yes it does feel like home! I must admit that it did feel nice to come home last night, instead of to another hotel. It was kind of funny when we came in the house though and neither of us could find a light switch.

I went on a run and just returned (after taking these pictures)....I still continue to laugh at the things that I come across living in the Wild West - it is truly different than anywhere I have ever experienced. First a bit of history...we live in a community called Melody Ranch. It is a beautiful development that is actually part of a working ranch (they were just smart and built a few homes on their ranch), so we have lots of green space, horses etc.




Above are views from the neighborhood. Here is a picture of the actual Ranch:


What caught me by surprise today was that we also actually have an International Airfield IN our neighborhood...so no excuses for not coming to visit. You can either fly into Jackson Hole Airport (about 15 minutes from our home) 
Jackson Hole Airport - beautiful!
OR you can fly into our neighborhood "international airfield" (which is only 3 blocks from our home):



I think that you may have to have your own plane to fly into our neighborhood, but you can arrive from London I guess (which will be convenient for Derek when he comes home to visit - more on his new job later)!

So that is your look into Jackson Hole for now. I am off to my (not) favorite store - K Mart to grab a few things so that we can hang pictures tonight. I know that you must be jealous (of both hanging pictures and of my shopping)!

Until later...Adios Pardner (can you tell I have been in Mexico & Texas)

PS - We did hear from our lovely moving company (remember - DO NOT EVER USE NORTH AMERICAN) and in their email they said that they picked up the rest of our stuff last Thursday and that it "should" arrive "sometime" this week. How comforting - love the level of concern and adequacy of information.  Oh well, at this point "whenever" would be a great time to get our stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment